Monday, April 2, 2012

More Easter eggs for my tree



Last week I showed you my 'eggs' for my Easter tree. I got a few more done this week and I wanted to share them with you.  I'm very happy with the way they are turning out and I thought I'd share the guidelines I used when I created them.

- They start with a 3 1/2" oval cut from colored poster board - I used a large paper punch but you could do it by hand.
- The tangles were drawn with a white Sakura gelly roll pen.
- I tried to limit myself to just one or two tangle patterns (OK sometimes I did more.)
- The shading was done with a colored pencil. I usually choose the same color in a value that is darker than the background.

Have fun! Easter is almost here!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, these are lovely, and will look fabulous hanging from a branch as a mobile. A project for next year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and most appreciated. Please email me if you want a response sent to you.

I regret that I've had to add the verification again due to a large amount of spam.